LUXE LIVING - LUXE MINDSET
What is luxury?
A question that can be debated for hours because it is personal and symbols of luxury have changed over time.
Of course, luxury is synonymous to craftsmanship, wealth, designers, bespoke end exclusivity. My partner would tease and has called me posh due my lifestyle choices and over the years being ‘boujie’ has become on trend. For me, luxury is not about what is on trend, it is beyond what money can buy. Luxury is about the finer details in a service or product, it’s what makes me happy and it demonstrates my appreciation of the beautiful things in life. Over the years my TIME has become a luxury.
Luxury living is important to me but must be relaxed and fun. I see people in luxury settings, looking bored, uncomfortable and appear like stiff cardboard cut-outs. I want to say relax, breath in and feel the beauty of your choice of luxury. Deepak Chopra the world-renowned spiritual leader states “luxury is our natural state", let's embrace it and feel at home with luxury.
I developed my luxe mindset because it makes me happy and I deserve it and will continue to make it part of my lifestyle. Now, if people think I am ‘too much’ and my behaviour is extravagant, I know what is going on, they too want the luxe lifestyle but cannot access it.
Here is a glimpse of my repertoire of LUXE LIVING:
- A relaxing bath filled with aromatherapy oils and salts, with candles around the bathtub and my favourite music playlist in the background.
- Afternoon tea at home. A bone china cup, sandwiches (crust removed), scones, glass of bubbly and flowers in a vase.
- Candles and fragrant reed sticks around the house.
- Fresh flowers in my bedroom, office and living room.
- Spray Lavender oil around my room before bedtime.
- Spending time alone in my favourite coffee shop with a magazine and my favourite brew.
- Restaurant meals with friendly restaurant staff and great food.
- Hotel staff that welcome you like family and nothing is never too much.
- Spending Sundays in my pyjamas and reading a book.
- Traveling with friends.
- Family Sunday dinners that last for hours.
- On a yacht/catamaran in the Caribbean Sea, drinking rum punch and swaying to the music and the waves.
- Picnic in the garden with my partner.
- Watching my granddaughter play in the park while we have a picnic with a glass of bubbly.
- Walking through the English countryside.
- Luxury Spa dates.
- Rooftop drinks with my best friends.
This is my specially curated list and there is more, but now it's time for you to make a list of your luxe lifestyle filled with what makes you happy and the things you love to do. It does not have to cost the earth.
If it’s chocolate, buy the best chocolate and savour each piece.
Use your favourite glass, don’t save it for special occasions - treat each day as a special one.
LUXE MINDSET - Daily moments of Luxury
Begin each day by asking yourself "what will be your moment of luxury today?". When you develop moments of luxury throughout the day, you are affirming to yourself that you are of value. You don’t have to wait for your annual holiday to treat yourself like a VIP.
The luxe mindset is not afraid to do and ask for what they want. Some may say we are extravagant, too much, quite particular or fussy; I however think it’s me in my Luxe Flo.
Let’s see you in your Luxe Flo - tag us @getinyourflo #myluxeflo #dailymomentsofluxury